Inn Keeper’s Punch
DIAL THE HOSPITALITY UP A NOTCH OR TWO.
To prepare as a punch – approximately 12 servings:
- 1 bottle of GOLD LABEL
- 12 oz of fresh pineapple juice
- 6 oz fresh lime juice
- 6 oz Irish breakfast tea syrup
- 24 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 5 oz soda water
- Large ice block (use any bowl or mold to create)
- freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh lime and pineapple rings on top for garnish
Combine POWERS, fresh juices, bitters and syrup in a large punch bowl and stir. Generously grate fresh nutmeg over the punch and stir once more. When ready to serve, add the large ice block to the punch, top with soda water and float pineapple and lime wheels for garnish.
Sample from time-to-time to adjust proportions as ice melts.
- 2 parts GOLD LABEL
- ½ part fresh lime juice
- 1 part fresh pineapple juice
- ½ part Irish breakfast tea syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash of soda water
- Garnish with pineapple wedge and freshly grated nutmeg
- In a mixing glass combine POWERS, fresh juices, bitters and syrup.
- Pour ingredients into a glass with ice and add a splash of soda water.
- Finish with a wedge of pineapple and dust with freshly grated nutmeg.
- To make syrup, bring two cups of water to a boil. Add two tea bags and steep as directed. Remove the tea bags and add 2 cups of sugar, stirring until it dissolves. Allow to cool.